Exciting times! It may not rain tomorrow like it was supposed to. Since races are filled with aid stations, I don’t have to worry about packing much at all tomorrow. Here is a list of the things that I will bring for tomorrow’s first 50k:
1. Salomon Sense 8 Hydration Vest
2. Salomon bottles for vest (1 liter total to stay light)
3. Salomon Lightning Race Jacket
4. Salomon Gloves
5. Choose Mountains Neck Gaiter
6. CEP compression socks
7. Patagonia Capilene Lightweight Crew
8. Lululemon Speed Shorts
9. Salomon Sense Ride GTX Shoes
10. Handwarmers/Mini First Aid/TP
11. A few GU’s, shotblocks and Waffle Honey Stingers
Throughout training I have played with different vests on my run, I’ve tried a variety of shoes and socks. The only thing missing from this photo is my choosemountains hat, chapstick, and some KT tape that I’ll pack with me as well. Other then that I keep it simple. Aid stations have a lot of food and Coca Cola and I’ll be good from there on out.
Let me know what you pack for a 50k!